Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ponderings...



Once I had the idea to put my model U.S.S. Enterprise into Space, there came the inevitable questions - like, HOW AM I GOING TO DO IT?

Face it, it's easy to get something up there - enough Helium and "away we go!".  The problem is getting it back safely and not killing yourself (or anyone else) in the process.  It's all fun-and-games until your payload is sucked into a 747's engine.  Or a part falls off at 100,000' and puts a 6" crater in someone's head.

And how do you get it back?  Between you and me - I can't afford to lose my iPhone - so there has to be a better way to do this.

Then there's the "permission".  Are you even allowed to send a balloon into space?  Kids do it all the time and they get away with it.  But they're just kids, so the government agencies tend to turn a blind eye.  But I'm an adult and there are rules, regulations and laws that have to be obeyed - at your own peril! (I'm sure that kids' parents would be liable for any damage caused by their "science experiments".)  Word to the wise, this is not something to be taken lightly.

So, I turned to the Interweb - source of all human knowledge.  And what I found, told me exactly - NOTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment